“Center for Education and Socializing” (abbreviated “COD”) is a non-governmental, multiethnic local organization from the central Bosnian town of Jajce.
The main mission of the organization is to promote, support and work the local population with special emphasis on the young municipalities of Jajce. Our Association has a very well developed structure (management of the Association – 5 associates / project coordinators, 8 external associates, fully equipped work office and program rooms), and established working hours from Monday to Friday from 10 am to 4 pm. This makes us one of the most active and most organized organizations in Jajce and the region of central Bosnia.
Our work and the results of our organization are known to our partners throughout BiH. Our organization has for many years successfully established cooperation with organizations across Europe (Gymnasium Ramibuhl Zuruch – Switzerland, I-PEICC Montpellier – France, PINA Koper – Slovenia, Friedenskreis Halle, Bildungsnetzwerk Magdeburg – Germany).
Our programs and projects have so far been supported by many institutions and international programs: Heinrich Boll Office Sarajevo, OSCE Mission to BiH, Erasmus + program, German Ministry of Economy and Cooperation (BMZ), Federal Ministry of Culture and Sports, Federal Ministry of Environment and Tourism, Cantonal Ministry of Economy SBK, Municipality of Jajce.
Through our work and multi-ethnic team, we show that differences in our society are an advantage, not a weakness.
“COD” Jajce has so far organized and implemented large projects useful for the community:
– media project Jajce Press (www.jajcepress.com) (2015 – 2019)
– “Youth Tourism Project” Visit Jajce “(www.visitjajce.com) / 2015 – present
– Business project to support (self) employment of young people “Business Center” / 2016. – Today
– International projects (volunteer services abroad and in BiH and youth meetings)
– informal educational programs for young people (workshops, seminars and conferences)
– Humanitarian actions
– Ecological projects
– public events (New Year’s Eve in the open air, Europe Day, summer music festival)
So far, the Education and Social Center has organized and offers:
- courses (computer, guitar, linguistic),
- clubs (computer, internet, table tennis, brakedances, debates),
- sections (football, basketball, volleyball, dance, musical, photographic, visual, journalistic),
- workshops (children’s, journalistic, computer, music),
- professional education (seminars, workshops, work camps, meetings),
- special programs (manifestation on a small lake, concerts of serious and entertaining music, theater
- performances, excursions, barbecues, tournaments, environmental cleaning campaigns, round tables),
- projects (local newspaper Senzor, youth tourism Jajce, international youth meetings and volunteer services).